Plastic Injection Molded Parts for Precision Applications
In-house mold expertise provides scalable production and turnkey fulfillment
At Reed City Group, our manufacturing capabilities span from 28 ton to 725 ton plastic injection molding machines plus the full-scale capability to take you from tooling to final assembly under one roof. Our experienced team of 96 includes two design teams, expert journeyman mold makers, process engineers, sales engineers, and skilled manufacturing workers. You can count on our over 50 year history of precision, quality, and competitive solutions.
- Mold Design, Build, and Sourcing
- Prototype, Small Batch, and High Volume Molds and Parts
- Full suite of 3D Printing Technologies
- Process Design and Manufacturing Automation Solutions
- Tryout and Production Injection Molding
- Assembly and Secondary Operations
- Quality Assurance, Inspection, and Testing
- Fulfillment, JIT Delivery, and VMI
- Mold Engineering Changes and Maintenance
Part Inspection, Assembly, Testing, and Fulfillment
With every aspect of the manufacturing process under our roof, we don’t stop at molding parts. We also provide turnkey part inspection, assembly and shipping.
Joining our skilled tradesmen, who ensure the unerring quality of plastic molds and parts, is our injection plastic molding fulfillment team. Skilled part experts guide the inspection, troubleshooting, assembly and quality control process. Alongside these parts experts, as well as our experienced shipping and logistics experts, our program managers guide the packaging and fulfillment process, creating turnkey injection molded part production.
20 Plastic Injection Molding Presses
- Five 28 ton 1.3 oz shot size Drop in MUD (8.5” wide die)
- 90 ton 4.6 oz shot size 14.8” x 14.8”
- 110 ton 3.88 oz shot size 16.14” x 16.14”
- 170 ton 6.4 oz shot size 20” x 20”
- 170 ton 15 oz shot size 20” x 20”
- 185 ton 10.36 oz shot size 20.5” x 20.5”
- 190 ton 15 oz shot size 20” x 20”
- 200 ton 13.1 oz shot size 22” x 22”
- 250 ton 16.6 oz shot size 22.1” x 22.1”
- 250 ton 19 oz shot size 24” x 22”
- 310 ton 30 oz shot size 28.5” x 28.5”
- 335 ton 17 oz shot size 25” x 25”
- 390 ton 50 oz shot size 28.5” x 28.5”
- 500 ton 30 oz shot size 34.3” x 31.9”
- 725 ton 76 oz shot size 37.5” x 37.5”
- 725 ton 140 oz 37.5” x 37.5”
- Manual and Automated Assembly
- Gas Assist Molding
- Inserts and Over-Molding
- Punching, Trimming, and Finishing
- Sonic and Hot Plate Welding
- Clip, Spring, Ball, and Fastener Installation
Automated Material Handling & Specialty Equipment:
- 2 Chillers
- 10 Dryers
- 3 Grinders
- 2 Tippers
- 1 Hot Plate Welder
- 13 Star Automation Robots/Pickers
- 2 Assembly / Inspection Stations
- 1 Motan Vacuum Loading Systems: 6 Stations
- 1 4-Zone Valve Gate Controllers
- 4 Overhead Crane Hoists (10-30 Tons)
Design-to-Assembly Capabilities Under One Roof
At Reed City Group, our manufacturing capabilities span from 28 ton to 725 ton injection molding machines. With the ability to control the manufacturing process from design to molding, we bring each step of the plastic injection molding process under one roof. Production capabilities in our 80,000 square foot facility are virtually limitless. Our team has manufactured parts of all sizes, performance requirements and complexities.
With a robust portfolio of high-performance automotive part manufacturing, our facility’s scalability is the perfect fit for long and short runs in automotive, consumer products and many other industries.
We offer a large array of products that use our premium quality 3D printers.
With a dedicated lab and specialists on stadby ready for your printing needs.
MEet our newest Mold maker!
June 25, 2021
Meet Matt, a 2nd gen mold maker..
Congrats on retirement, Chris Raymond!
May 25, 2021
Over two decades at Reed City Group...
meet our 2020 April MVPS!
May 24, 2021
Congrats to our maintenance department!